If you’re reading this, you must already own a Hisense TV and know that Hisense TVs are designed to have multiple ports. From video game consoles to DVD players and external hard drives to Blu-ray players, various devices can be connected to it. But that’s not all – you can also use Hisense TV as a desktop monitor or connect with its supporting devices such as Roku, Apple TV, etc. to get maximum entertainment from your TV. I love maximizing my entertainment options so having Roku is a no-brainer for me.
But connecting any device is useless if you cannot change the input on the Hisense TV. If you want to make the most of your TV by using it with different devices, you must know how to change its inputs. It only takes a few seconds once you have learned the steps. Trust me – you need to know this hack to make your life easier!
You can learn how to change input on Hisense TV through both the TV remote control and the buttons on the underside of your TV. You can also change the input for a Roku-enabled Hisense TV with the TV remote or with virtual Roku app remote. All you have to do is follow the step-by-step instructions as detailed below.
So without further ado, let’s see the steps of changing input on a Hisense TV in detail:
Changing Input on Hisense TV
You can change the input on your Hisense TV with or without a remote. Even if you have a remote, I suggest you learn both ways if you’re like us and keep losing your remote in the pile of cushions on the couch! So let’s explore both ways in detail:
How to Change Input on Hisense TV with Remote
I love analyzing remotes as they’re the key to automating my life. I particularly like Hisense TV remotes as they are designed to make users’ life easy. They allow you to navigate through your TV’s functions quickly and smoothly. You can use your Hisense TV remote to easily change the input too. In fact, there are two ways to change the input on your Hisense TV with its remote. Both the ways are equally easy to understand and quick, and produce the same results. Following both ways is also easy since Hisense TV remote buttons are clearly labeled with the function they achieve. (I think I’ll do a TV remote comparison blog soon!)
The first method requires you to press the input button, and the other involves using the menu button. Let’s find out the steps involved in both these ways:
Changing Input with Input Button on Hisense TV Remote
There is a dedicated button for switching between inputs in Hisense TV remotes. This button is usually labeled “Input” to make it easier for users to detect. However, some Hisense TV remote models may have it labeled as “Source.” The difference can arise from the makers of the remote. But don’t worry! It doesn’t really matter. Just locate the button and you can follow the instructions below to change the input on your Hisense TV:
- Press the button labeled “Source” or “Input.”
- You will see a list of available inputs. You can scroll through the list with buttons labeled “Up” and “Down” on your Hisense TV remote.
- Once you reach the desired input, press “OK.”
As soon as you press “OK,” you will find that the input has changed to your desired input. Since these steps only take a few seconds to execute, they allow you to change the input quickly.
Changing Input with Menu Button on Hisense TV Remote
In case your Hisense TV remote doesn’t have the “Input” or “Source” button, or you cannot locate it, you can use the “Menu” button to change the input. Follow the instructions below to change your Hisense TV input using the “Menu” button on its remote:
- Press the “Menu” button on your Hisense TV remote.
- You will see a list of settings you can change on your Hisense TV. Scroll up and down with the buttons labels “Up” and “Down” to reach the “Input” option. Press “OK” on this option.
- You will see a list of available inputs. Once again, you can scroll through the list with buttons labeled “Up” and “Down.”
- Once you reach the desired input, press “OK.”
As soon as you press “OK,” the input will be changed to your desired one.
How to Change Input on Hisense TV without Remote
Even if your Hisense TV remote is broken, misplaced, or isn’t working due to weak batteries, you can still change the input on your Hisense TV without any issues! You don’t have to follow the disappointing answers for your search, “how to change the input on Hisense TV without remote,” that tells you to get a new remote. I have the ideal solution for you that only takes a few seconds.
Here are the instructions to change the input on your Hisense TV without a remote and without buying a new remote:
- Locate the buttons on the underside of your Hisense TV. Locate the “Power” button and press it if your TV is switched off. If your TV is on, you can skip this step.
- When the TV is switched on, find the “Source” button. It is usually located next to the “Power” button.
- You will see a list of available inputs. Use the “Channel Up” and “Channel Down” buttons to scroll through the inputs and reach the desired input. Press the “OK” button.
The input will be changed as soon as you press the “OK” button.
Another less popular method to change input without a remote is to turn off your Hisense TV and disconnect all devices. Don’t unplug the TV itself. Once all devices are disconnected, turn on your TV with the “Power” button on the underside. Once the TV is on, connect only the device you need to use. Your Hisense TV input will be automatically switched to the input of the connected device. In case your Hisense Tv doesn’t turn on, then you could refer to this article I did a while ago.
This is one of those hit or miss method like banging your remote on the edge of the table and does not work every time! Now, let’s see how you can change input with Roku-enabled TV:
Changing Input on Roku Enabled Hisense TV
If you want to know how to change input on Hisense Roku TV, either with or without a remote, read on to find the instructions:
How to Change Input on Hisense Roku TV with Remote
To change the input on your Roku-enabled Hisense TV with your TV remote, follow these steps:
- Switch on your TV and press the “Menu” button.
- In the Menu, scroll to “TV Settings” and press “OK.” You will see your TV settings here. Scroll to “Inputs” and press “OK” to find the available inputs.
- Scroll to the one you want to choose and press “OK” one last time.
You can change the input as many times and whenever you want.
How to Change Input on Hisense Roku TV without Remote
There’s no need to worry if your Hisense TV remote has been misplaced, broken, or has weak batteries; you can easily change the input on your Hisense TV by following these steps:
- Pick up your smartphone and go to Google Play or App Store depending on your smartphone. Search for the “Roku – Official Remote Control” app. The app is free and doesn’t require you to spend any credit.
- Download and install the app on your smartphone.
- Open the app once it is downloaded. Before launching the app, ensure your smartphone is connected to the Wi-Fi network as your Hisense TV.
- On the app, you will see a symbol for TV. Tap on that symbol to pair your phone with your Hisense TV. Pairing your TV with the app will allow you to control your TV by using the app.
- Once the TV and app are paired, scroll down on the app home page to find the labeled “Remote” symbol. Tap on this symbol.
- You will see a virtual Roku remote on your phone. Identify the “Input” or “Source” button on the app and tap it to change the input as you like.
You don’t need to pair the app with your Hisense TV whenever you want to use it. Just connect your smartphone with the same Wi-Fi as your Roku device to use the virtual remote again.
Here are the answers to other related questions that you may have:
Q1. Hisense TV Keeps Changing Input by Itself?
Answer – If your Hisense TV switches inputs on its own, it can negatively impact your viewing experience. A sudden change in TV input can be annoying and make you miss important moments in the content you are experiencing. But you can resolve this issue by trying the following remedies:
- Open the battery cover on your remote and take out the batteries. Put the batteries back and close the cover. You can also replace the batteries with new batteries.
- Reset your TV
- Search for and remove wireless infrared devices placed near your Hisense TV
- Go to settings and check out the “Auto Input Change” mode. If it is on, turn it off.
- Update your Hisense TV OS
If the problem persists, don’t hesitate to check your Hisense TV user manual or contact Hisense customer service.
Q2. How to Change HDMI on Hisense TV?
Answer – Who doesn’t have an HDMI cable for their smart TV in 2022? Depending on your Hisense TV model, it may have more than one HDMI cable port. To change HDMI on your Hisense TV, follow these instructions:
- Switch on your TV. Once the TV is switched on, press “Menu.”
- From the available options in “Menu,” scroll to “Input,” and press “OK.”
- You will see a list of available inputs, including HDMI inputs. Click on any of the HDMI options as desired. If there is more than one HDMI option, simply walk over to your Hisense TV to identify the port where you have inserted the HDMI cable. The HDMI ports are labeled as “HDMI 1,” “HDMI 2,” and so on. Once identified, scroll to the corresponding option and press “OK.”
As soon as you press “OK,” you will be connected to the desired HDMI.
If you have a Roku-enabled Hisense TV like me, follow these instructions:
- Make sure your phone is connected to the same Wi-Fi connection as your Roku device. Open the “Roku – Official Remote Control” app on your smartphone.
- Scroll down on the app home page and find the “Remote” symbol with the label. Tap on the symbol.
- Find the “Input” or “Source” button on the virtual Roku remote. Tap this button to find the available HDMI inputs along with other inputs. Tap on the desired option.
Q3. How to Change Source on Hisense TV without Remote?
Answer – “Source” is just another name for “Input.” Hence, as explained in detail, you can follow the same instructions for changing the source on your Hisense TV.
You can scroll up and find headings for “Changing Input on Hisense TV” and “Changing Input on Roku Enabled Hisense TV.” Under these headings, you will find the instructions to change the source or input both with and without a remote. That’s it! Isn’t it easy?
As an engineering graduate (and a full-time layabout), I am always looking for smart technological innovations to make my life simpler and more automated so that I can be even lazier than usual.