- You can watch HBO Max on Vizio Tv through SmartCast if you are using a new TV model. This method is the easiest of the lot.
- You may also stream the content on HBO Max from your smartphone or tablet to your Vizio Smart TV using Chromecast or AirPlay2.
- Downloading an HBO Max APK file and transferring it to your TV is another workaround to get the app on your TV.
If you call yourself a binge-watcher of TV shows on various streaming apps and aren’t keeping up with the hoopla around House Of Dragons on HBO Max, then are you even eligible for the claim?
I recently assisted a friend in setting up HBO Max on her Vizio TV, and all she now follows on Twitter is #houseofdragons. If you haven’t already made arrangements for the weekend, you should do so now! All you need is HBO Max on your TV to get started. And in case you are a Vizio TV owner, the article will help you set up the app.
Vizio’s most recent line of smart TVs is more ambitious than ever as they allow you to install streaming apps directly to the TV instead of relying on an external streaming device. However, if you have an older model of Vizio TV that does not allow you to install HBO Max directly, there are several other workarounds for the same.
Let us learn how to watch HBO Max on Vizio TV using several approaches.
Can You Get HBO Max On Vizio Smart TV?
Yes! You can get HBO Max on Vizio Smart TV natively through SmartCast, provided you have a new model of TV set. However, if you are using an older model, then you can still get HBO Max by using casting services like Chromecast, AirPlay, etc. You can also download and install an APK file to watch the channel.
How To Add HBO Max To Vizio Smart TV
The best way to enjoy viewing HBO Max is definitely on the big TV screen. If you are a Vizio TV user, then this section of the article will help you learn how to get HBO Max on Vizio smart TV.
Download HBO Max On Vizio TV
As mentioned above, the HBO Max app is now available on Vizio TV, which means you may directly download the app, unlike in the old times. All VIZIO TVs launched in 2021 and later have a built-in SmartCast that lets you access apps like NetFlix, Hulu, and HBO Max at a click. However, the older VIA & VIA+ TVs do not have these capabilities.
- Step 1: Press the Home key on your Vizio TV remote to enter the Home Screen on your Smart TV.
- Step 2: On the homepage, select the Vizio App Store.
- Step 3: In the Search Bar, search for HBO Max.
- Step 4: The HBO Max app will appear in the search result. Select the app and click on Add to Home.
- Step 5: The HBO Max app will be installed on your Vizio TV. Open the app and register or sign in with your credentials.
Once you log in to the app, you will be able to play your favorite content on your TV through HBO Max.
Using Google Chromecast
Another way that you may use if you are looking for how to watch HBO Max on Vizio TV is using Google Chromecast.
A Google Chromecast device can be connected to an HDMI port on a television or monitor to stream content. Once set up, Chromecast enables wireless music and video broadcasting from your phone, computer, or even a Google Home device to a bigger screen.
Until the availability of HBO max on Vizio SmartCast, Chromecast was a savior for Vizio TV users. The method is still very popular for ease of operation.
Follow the given steps to get HBO Max on your Vizio Tv using Chromecast.
- Step 1: Connect the Chromecast to the HDMI port of your Vizio TV.
- Step 2: Download the HBO Max streaming app from the Apple Store or Google Play for your smartphone or tablet. The app will be installed automatically upon downloading.
- Step 2: Open the app and register or sign in using your credentials.
- Step 3: Ensure that your Vizio Smart TV and the streaming device are connected to the same internet network.
- Step 4: Play the desired content on HBO Max on your streaming device.
- Step 5: Now tap on the Cast icon at the top of the media player interface.
- Step 6: You’ll see a list of Chromecast devices that are available on your WiFi network. To cast the screen of your device to the Vizio TV screen, choose the TV from the list.
Your movie or show will appear on the Vizio Smart TV displays as soon as the casting begins.
You’ve seen how to utilize Google Chromecast to view HBO Max on a Vizio Smart TV. Let’s have a look at the Vizio Smart TV AirPlay 2 capability, which is exclusively available to iPhone and iPad owners.
Most Vizio TVs support AirPlay 2, so you can cast content from your iPhone or iPad to your Vizio TV with a single button click.
- Step 1: Download the HBO Max streaming app on your iPhone or iPad from the Apple Store. The app will be installed automatically upon downloading.
- Step 2: Open the app, then log in or register using your credentials.
- Step 3: Ensure that your Vizio Smart TV and iPhone/iPad are connected to the same WiFi network.
- Step 4: Enable AirPlay 2 on your iOS device.
- Step 5: Play the desired content on HBO Max on your streaming device.
- Step 6: Now click the AirPlay button in the top right corner of the Movie or Show Screen.
- Step 7: A list of all AirPlay2 compatible devices will appear after tapping on AirPlay. Choose your Vizio Smart TV from the list.
Your Vizio Smart TV must immediately begin streaming your favorite movie or show as the AirPlay connection is established.
Using USB Flash Drive
Another surefire method to install HBO Max on your Smart TV is to download an APK file and transfer it to your Vizio TV using a USB drive.
APK file installation is simple; however, it is not necessarily secure. Users must use caution when downloading APK files because they can occasionally damage devices. It is advised to scan APK files for viruses online before installing them because they may contain malware.
To reduce the risk of your Vizio Smart TV being infected by a malicious program, only download from the websites that you know and trust.
Follow the steps given below to transfer an HBO Max APK file to your Vizio TV.
- Step 1: Download the HBO Max app’s APK file from a reliable website.
- Step 2: Copy the APK download on a USB drive.
- Step 3: Connect the USB drive to the USB port on the Vizio Smart TV.
- Step 4: Now, open the My Files app on the TV, choose the USB flash drive, and then look for the APK file there.
- Step 5: Set up HBO Max through the APK file.
- Step 6: The HBO Max app will be made available on the Vizio Smart TV once the installation process has been successfully finished.
- Step 7: If the app does not launch automatically, go to the Vizio TV settings and choose the Application Menu.
- Step 8: Select Managed Install Applications and search for the HBO Max app.
- Step 9: Select the app and choose Launch Now. The app will now begin to install.
- Step 10: Open the app, then log in or register using your credentials.
Q1. What are the HBO Max subscription options?
Answer – HBO Max is available for $15 a month for ad-free streaming or $10 a month for ad-supported streaming. However, by purchasing an annual membership, subscribers can save 16%.
Q2. Why is HBO Max not functioning on my Vizio TV?
Answer – If HBO Max is not functioning on your Vizio TV, ensure that your Vizio TV and HBO Max apps are up to date. In case you are streaming the HBO Max on your Vizio TV using AirPlay2 or Chromecast, ensure that your streaming device and TV are connected to the same WiFi network.
Because of its extensive library of excellent content drawn from archives, HBO’s prestige series, and its own edgy originals, HBO Max is my top pick among the finest streaming services. To be able to stream the app on my Tv screen amplifies the viewing experience of a user.
If you are a Vizio TV user, you must have found the article about getting HBO Max on Vizio TV helpful. If you have any more queries about streaming HBO Max, write to me in the comment section.
As an engineering graduate (and a full-time layabout), I am always looking for smart technological innovations to make my life simpler and more automated so that I can be even lazier than usual.