- Disney Plus Error Code 42 occurs due to a problematic network connection.
- The issue may occur due to Disney Plus server errands, geographical restrictions, corrupt cache files, or a faulty VPN connection.
- Lowering the quality of streaming video, power cycling your device, re-logging into your Disney plus account, or reinstalling the Disney Plus app may resolve the Disney+ Error Code 42.
Receiving an error code on your Disney Plus app can be very upsetting, especially if you want to watch your favorite program or merely occupy the kids while you attend to some important task.
If you’ve landed here, it’s reasonable to assume you’re currently experiencing an error code on your Disney Plus app. Well, you are not alone if you encounter such an issue, as it is common across all app users to face similar problems occasionally. The possible cause may vary from code to code, but you may resolve most issues efficiently by performing some basic device and network troubleshoots.
Recently, we talked about Error Code 39 on Disney Plus; today, we will discuss another error code that is usually exhibited due to poor networks. In this article, we will talk about Disney Plus Error Code 42, its possible causes, and various troubleshoots that will help you resolve the issue and get you back to binge-watching your favorite show.
What Is Disney Plus Error Code 42?
The Disney Plus error code 42 typically denotes a problematic internet connection, a problem with the app or device, or a problem with Disney+ servers.
Sometimes this error code can be quickly fixed by using some troubleshooting at your end, and other times all you have to do is wait for a while until Disney Plus attempts to fix the issue on their end.
How To Fix Disney Plus Error Code 42?
The Disney Plus Error Code 42 may be frustrating, but it is rather a common error that can be resolved quickly following certain fixes. In this section of the article, we will walk over the most common fixes to resolve the issue of Disney Plus Error Code 42.
1. Check If The Disney Plus Server Is Down
You can quickly find out if Disney+ servers are down by visiting their official Twitter account, @disneyplus, or by searching the hashtag #disneyplusdown. Your first course of action should be to check the Disney+ Twitter page for updates, as their official Twitter account is a reliable source of current information.
If you don’t have a Twitter account or cannot access one, you can always just perform a straightforward internet search to get the required information.
A third-party status checker is another technique to check the server status of Disney+ or any other streaming platform. Status checkers are websites that monitor the status of various websites automatically.
You can use Downdetector and similar programs to determine what problems Disney Plus has had in the last 24 hours. If no outages have been reported, you will see a notification that says, ‘User reports indicate no current difficulties at Disney+.’
2. Ensure That Your Internet Is Not Down
You sometimes get Disney Plus Error Code 42 owing to something as basic as a bad internet connection. As a result, if someone tells me they’re having trouble using the Disney Plus app, the first thing I tell them is to check their internet speed before attempting further solutions.
Here’s the easiest way to check the status of your internet connection.
- Step 1: Go to the internet browser on your Roku TV.
- Step 2: Type www.fast.com in the address bar.
- Step 3: The server will take a few seconds and display the WiFi speed on your screen.
If you notice that the internet connection is not robust, restarting your router may help you solve this problem.
- Step 1: Unplug or switch off the router.
- Step 2: Wait for 30 seconds to 1 minute.
- Step 3: Replug or switch on the router.
- Step 4: Check if your WiFi connection is any better.
3. Lower The Quality Of The Streamed Content
Streaming videos online, especially ones with high definition, can consume a lot of data. If you get error code 42 on Disney Plus, it could mean that your network is unable to handle the bandwidth requirements for that title. To lessen the burden on your network, I recommend decreasing the playback quality on Disney Plus.
To change the stream quality on Disney Plus, follow the steps below:
- Step 1: Launch the Disney Plus app on your device.
- Step 2: Go to your Profile and select the App Settings option.
- Step 3: Navigate to Wi-Fi Data Usage and click Save Data.
- Step 4: Return to the App Settings and repeat the process for Cellular Data Usage.
After altering the settings, try playing content on your Disney Plus app once again to see if the issue has been resolved.
4. Try Streaming Another Content
Some Disney Plus videos are geographically restricted. As a result, if you notice that the Disney Plus error Code 42 only occurs on specific content, the video may be unavailable in your region.
Hence, in this case, you need to play some other content to continue enjoying Disney Plus.
5. Power Cycle Your Streaming Device
Power cycling your TV, tablet, or smartphone may help you fix fundamental issues related to the application. Restarting your smart device terminates all running processes and apps and reloads all system files from scratch. Also, it is worth noting that a soft reset does not result in losing data on your device.
Below are the steps to power cycle or soft-reset your device
- Step 1: Turn on your smart device.
- Step 2: Hold the power button for about 10 seconds until the device completely turns off. The mechanism to turn off your device may vary.
- Step 3: Wait for about 1 minute.
- Step 4: Turn your device back on.
Once your device turns back on, relaunch the Disney plus app to find out whether it works well now.
6. Clear The Cache On Disney Plus App
If restarting your device has not been able to fix the issue of Disney+ Error Code 42, clearing the cache should likely fix it for you.
A cache is a temporary file storage space in a smart device that enables a device like a smartphone, laptop, or TV or the installed apps to run faster and more efficiently. The presence of too much cache on a device is, of course, one of the most frequent reasons why it starts performing strangely and can be a possible reason for the Disney Plus Error Code 42.
However, any temporary data that is occupying storage space on the device and causing problems can be removed by clearing the cache. Additionally, in order to avoid problems like these, it’s crucial to regularly clean your system cache.
Clearing Cache On iOS Device
- Step 1: Delete the Disney+ app on your device.
- Step 2: Reinstall it from App Store.
- Step 3: Log in to your Disney Plus account using the correct credentials.
Clearing Cache On Android Device
- Step 1: Go to the settings option on your android device.
- Step 2: Scroll down on the Disney Plus app in the list and tap on it.
- Step 3: Go to storage and select Clear Cache.
- Step 4: Restart your device and log in to your Disney Plus account using the correct credentials.
Clearing Cache On TVs with Built-In Chromecast
- Step 1: Open Settings from the Home Screen of your Chromecast built-in TV.
- Step 2: Go to Apps and select Chromecast built-in.
- Step 3: Select Clear data and press OK to confirm.
- Step 4: Select Clear cache and press OK to confirm.
- Step 5: Restart your TV and log in to your Disney Plus account using the correct credentials.
Clearing Cache On TVs On Fire TV Or Fire TV Stick
- Step 1: Navigate to the Settings menu on your Amazon Fire TV or Fire TV Stick.
- Step 2: Select Manage Installed Applications from the Applications menu.
- Step 3: Select Disney Plus from the list and press the Clear Cache and Clear Data buttons.
- Step 4: Re-enter your Disney Plus account information to log in.
7. Disconnect VPN If Connected
Virtual Private Networks, or VPNs, are third-party services that secure your home and local connections. They safeguard your data by altering your IP address and screening the information that enters and exits your device.
Unfortunately, some VPNs may not perform correctly and may cause network delays and outages. As a result, your device may be unable to communicate effectively with Disney Plus servers accusing certain error codes.
Hence, disconnect your device from the VPN to see if Disney Plus works fine.
8. Launch The Disney Plus App Again
A simple software error, such as a faulty data cache, might occasionally interfere with video playback. This can occur on any device and exhibit an error on the Disney plus app. Hence, I recommend relaunching the app to rule out the possibility of an unresponsive program or faulty data.
Simply force stop or close the Disney Plus app on your smart device and relaunch the app.
9. Disable Browser Extensions
Another potential cause of the error code 42 on Disney Plus could be browser extensions or plug-ins. Despite the fact that extensions offer more functions, some websites might not be compatible.
Before using Disney Plus online, disable any browser extensions that you may have installed.
- Step 1: Launch your preferred browser and select the Options tab next to the Profile symbol.
- Step 2: Enter the Extensions tab by clicking Settings.
- Step 3: Turn off every extension and add-on that has been installed on your browser.
If the fix doesn’t help, try the next fix to see if you’ve got any luck.
10. Re-Login To Your Disney Plus Account
If you can’t connect to Disney due to error code 42, it is likely that the Disney Plus account glitch is to blame for the issue; try logging out and back into your Disney Plus account to fix the issue. When logging in, ensure you are entering the correct credentials. Also, note that the passwords on Disney plus are case-sensitive.
Here are the steps to do the same.
- Step 1: Go to the Disney Plus app settings.
- Step 2: Go to the Account option
- Step 3: Logout from the app account
- Step 4: Enter the login credentials again to log in to the account.
Once logged in, check to see if Disney Plus content is now playing as it should. If you still don’t have any luck, please try out the next troubleshooting step.
11. Reinstall The Disney Plus App
If a simple restart of your device or clearing the Disney plus cache did not resolve the problem for you, you should attempt reinstalling the Disney+ program to delete any potentially corrupted data that may have contributed to the appearance of Error Code 42. Many affected users confirmed that the process was successful for them and helped them resolve the issue.
The steps for reinstalling the app may differ depending on the device you are using the Disney Plus app on. In this section of the article, I am covering some of the major devices to help you reinstall the Disney Plus app.
Reinstalling Disney Plus App On Apple TV Or Smartphone
- Step 1: Simply highlight the Disney Plus app on your Apple TV’s Home Screen or smartphone app screen.
- Step 2: Then press and hold the Disney Plus logo until the app’s symbol begins to bounce.
- Step 3: When the app logo begins to wobble, click on the Delete option from the list that appears.
- Step 4: After completely uninstalling the app, enter the App Store on your device and look for the Disney Plus app to re-download it.
- Step 5: After redownloading the app, log in to your Disney Plus account by correctly entering your user credentials.
- Step 6: Once the installation process is complete, restart your device and check to see if the issue of Disney+ Error Code 42 has been resolved.
Reinstalling Disney Plus App On Android TV or Smartphone
- Step 1: Press Home Button on your smart TV remote.
- Step 2: Go to the Google Play Store from the app list.
- Step 3: Once inside Google Play Store, search for the Disney+ app and tap on it.
- Step 4: Select Uninstall.
- Step 5: When the process is finished, restart your Android TV and wait for the startup to finish.
- Step 6: Then, from the Home menu, navigate to the Google Play Store again
- Step 7: Once again, search for the Disney+ app, and reinstall it.
Reinstalling Disney Plus App On Roku TV
- Step 1: Go to the Roku TV Home screen.
- Step 2: Select the Settings option.
- Step 3: Select Manage Installed Applications and uninstall the Disney Plus app.
- Step 4: Restart your device.
- Step 5: Go to the Settings option again.
- Step 6: Go to Applications and select App Store.
- Step 7: Search for the Disney+ app and press the install button.
12. Contact Disney Plus Help Center
If you continue to experience Disney Plus error code 42 after trying all the aforementioned troubleshoots, visit the Help Center to get in touch with Disney Customer Service and report the issue.
You would be required to provide your account information and the specific error code you are encountering when requesting assistance.
Q1. When I play any content on the Disney Plus app on the device, I face the issue of Disney plus freezing. What is the possible cause?
Answer – Your device may have corrupt Disney Plus cache data, causing the system to freeze and not load. As a solution, clear the Disney Plus cache data as it improves the app efficiency and increases loading speed when streaming videos.
Q2. Do I have to make in-app purchases again after reinstalling the Disney Plus app on my device?
Answer – Reinstalling the Disney Plus app on your device will launch the app afresh and delete the cache data. However, the data within your applications is not affected as it is linked to your email. Hence, you will not have to make the in-app purchases again, as the same shall be restored upon logging in to your account.
The post must have assisted in solving the problem if you are experiencing the Disney Plus Error Code 42 when playing content on the app. Share this post with your friends and family if you found the information provided to be helpful.
Please leave a remark if you need any additional help related to smart home entertainment. I’ll be glad to assist!
As an engineering graduate (and a full-time layabout), I am always looking for smart technological innovations to make my life simpler and more automated so that I can be even lazier than usual.