- To cancel Disney Plus on Roku, go to Disney+ app from the home menu of Roku Tv. From there go to Manage Subscription section which can be accessed from Setting. Then click Cancel Subscription from the available options.
In the modern era, when the world is essentially swamped with various streaming services, keeping track of so many subscriptions might be a pain. Just last year, there were a number of rollouts in the streaming industry, and for some of us, it became a little too much to manage.
As a result, users don’t mind unsubscribing from a streaming platform if they are not watching something on it at the moment. However, while doing so, many users simply log out or delete the app instead of actually unsubscribing, which is not a great idea as they still get charged because of it.
Recently, one of my friends got the shock of her life upon seeing her credit card expenditure, where she was billed for Disney Plus for almost a year when she was not even using it. I then helped her cancel the Disney Plus subscription on Roku and guided her to be careful in the future.
While many people are well-versed with streaming content on streaming apps like Disney Plus, it is important to be aware of other basic know-how concerning the app.
A few days ago, I talked about troubleshooting the issue of Disney Plus not working on Roku. In this article, we will discuss how to cancel Disney plus subscription on Roku to spare you the horror of unnecessary billing. We will also learn about the steps to delete or log out from the Disney Plus account.
How To Cancel Disney Plus Subscription On Roku?
Until you cancel, subscriptions renew themselves automatically. You might turn off auto-renewal and cancel your paid or premium subscription at any time if you signed up through Roku Pay or The Roku Channel. This will ensure that you won’t be charged going ahead, but you’ll still have access to your membership through the end of your current billing cycle. To avoid recurring membership in Disney Plus, free subscription trials must be canceled before the free trial period expires.
In this section of the article, we will learn two ways to cancel Disney Plus on Roku TV.
How To Cancel Disney Plus On Roku Using Roku TV?
One way to cancel the Disney Plus subscription on Roku is through Roku TV. This is the most convenient way to cancel the subscription to not only Disney Plus but also any other streaming app.
Here are the steps to do so.
- Step 1: On the Roku remote, press the Home button.
- Step 2: Highlight the Disney Plus app.
- Step 3: To access the settings menu, press Star on your remote control.
- Step 4: Select the Manage subscription option
- Step 5: Pick Cancel subscription to unsubscribe.
- Step 6: The system will ask you to confirm the selection. Select Cancel Subscription again to confirm
- Step 7: Click on Done.
How To Cancel Disney+ On Roku Through Roku Website?
The other very efficient way to cancel Disney Plus on Roku TV is through the Roku website, which requires you to access the Roku website on any of your smart devices.
- Step 1: Sign in on the Roku website.
- Step 2: Navigate to the ‘Manage Subscription’ option. This will take you to a page that lists all of your subscriptions and their details.
- Step 3: Navigate to the Disney Plus tab and select Unsubscribe.
How To Logout Of Disney Plus On Roku?
In case you are not looking to unsubscribe from the Disney Plus app on Roku because you may already have done so and are instead looking for steps to log out of your Disney Plus account, I have got you covered. This article will talk about two ways how you can do so, i.e., through Roku TV and through the Roku website.
How To Log Out Of Disney Plus On Roku?
Follow the steps given below to log out of your Disney Plus account on your Roku TV.
- Step 1: Turn on your Roku TV and connect to a reliable internet connection. If your Roku doesn’t connect to the WiFi, click here to read the troubleshoots.
- Step 2: Visit the Roku Channel Store and search for the Disney Plus channel.
- Step 4: While confirming to logout, ensure that you select ’Log Out Of All Devices
How To Uninstall Disney Plus On Roku?
Roku allows you to remove the channels from both Roku TV and Roku TV mobile app.
To do so from the channel lineup on your Roku TV, follow the steps given below.
- Step 1: Press the Home button on your Roku remote.
- Step 2: To access the Channel Store, choose Streaming Channels.
- Step 3: Select the Disney Plus channel from the list of channels.
- Step 4: When prompted, choose Remove channel and then click OK.
However, in case you wish to remove the Disney Plus channel from Roku using the Roku mobile app, you must ensure that the app is installed on your smartphone and then follow the step given below.
- Step 1: Open the Roku mobile application
- Step 2: In the navigation bar of the app, tap the Channels icon.
- Step 3: For a list of the channels installed on your Roku device, go to the Channels menu and choose My Channels.
- Step 4: Select the Disney Plus channel. Hold the selection to view more details.
- Step 5: Select Remove, and confirm the selection by clicking on OK.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1. I purchased a pre-loved Roku TV and am facing difficulties with logging out of the existing Disney Plus account on my smart TV. How to delete a Disney Plus account on Roku that does not belong to me?
Answer – This issue has been faced by many Roku users who invest in a pre-loved TV. In most cases, simply Factory Resetting the Roku device certainly fixes the issue if regular logging out and logging in is not working for you. However, post resetting your Roku TV, you will have to re-configure the Roku TV after this step because it will completely erase all of the data on your Roku device.
Follow the instructions below to reset your Roku to factory settings.
- Step 1: Press the Home button located on your Roku TV remote.
- Step 2: Scroll down the list and select the Settings option.
- Step 3: Select the System option.
- Step 4: Choose the Advanced System Settings option from the options.
- Step 5: Select the Factory Reset option and click on OK to confirm.
Q2. How can I change the payment mode for Disney Plus on my Roku?
Answer – You may update the payment mode on your Disney Plus and other app accounts on Roku by following the given steps.
- Step 1: Press the Home button on your Roku remote.
- Step 2: Choose Settings
- Step 3: Select a payment method.
- Step 4: Select Update payment method and provide the necessary information for the same.
- Step 5: If you intend to add your credit or debit card, choose ‘Save Card’ after entering your payment information exactly as it appears on your credit or debit card. For PayPal, a link connecting to your PayPal account will be sent to you to complete the payment.
Q3. How Do I View My Monthly Subscriptions On Roku?
Answer – The Roku account web page is the simplest place to check all of your subscriptions. The channels you are subscribed to, the date of your subscription renewal, and the terms of service for each channel are all listed here.
You can manage your subscriptions by following the steps given below.
- Step 1: Go to the Roku website.
- Step 2: Log in to your Roku account using your user credential.
- Step 3: Select ‘Manage Your Subscriptions.’
You will be directed to the subscriptions page by the website. The list of every subscription you’ve purchased on your Roku account is available and can be managed from here.
Q4. How can I update the Disney Plus app on Roku?
Answer – Here’s how you can update the Disney Plus app on Roku.
- Step 1: Use your Roku remote control to navigate to the Home screen.
- Step 2: Select the Settings option.
- Step 3: Navigate to System and select System update.
- Step 4: Click on Check For Updates to manually check for pending Disney Plus app upgrades.
- Step 5: If there is a pending update available, click on Update Now.
Using Disney Plus on your Roku TV can definitely level up the entertainment game for you. After all, the experience of watching your favorite content on a high definition Roku screen is unmatched. But there are times when you might need a break from the streaming app either because you are not watching it enough or you are binging it a bit too much.
If you are the one looking for information on the same, the article must have helped you find the steps for the same. If you have any more questions about Disney Plus and Roku Tv, write to me in the comment section.
As an engineering graduate (and a full-time layabout), I am always looking for smart technological innovations to make my life simpler and more automated so that I can be even lazier than usual.