- The Roku Channel Store allows you to set up Firefox on your Roku for no cost.
- You may also cast Firefox to Roku from your Android or Apple phone, provided your Roku device and smartphone are connected to the same WiFi network.
While browsing the internet in these times when data science is expanding, you will come across several traps that are attempting to steal your data. Although I observe that many people do not truly view it as a threat, I personally do not feel secure providing my personal information on websites or browsers that might sell it. So, despite all the latest applications and browsers, I won’t hesitate to admit that I much prefer Firefox to everything else.
Firefox browser is a more secure and private browser than Chrome; despite the fact that Chrome is newer, faster, and has more features, Firefox has adapted well to the contemporary world. In fact, Firefox is the only popular browser that helps you safeguard your personal information as it automatically deletes the search history and features a private browsing mode.
Undoubtedly, a TV screen is incomparable to a phone screen for scrolling through or watching videos on Firefox as it immediately accentuates the viewing experience of the user. Recently, I set up Firefox on my Roku TV, and I am quite happy about it.
If you are a Roku user and are unsure how to set up Firefox on your Roku TV, this article will give you a detailed tutorial.
How To Set Up Firefox On Roku Through Roku Channel Store?
Some time ago, casting your screen was the only option if you wished to use Firefox on your Roku TV, as the Firefox browser for Roku TV was not available. Gladly, Roku has now come up with Firefox in its Channel Store that now allows the users to launch Firefox on Roku TV directly. The update has definitely made things easier for Firefox loyal like me.
In this section of the article, we will learn how to set up Firefox on Roku in detail.
- Step 1: Start Roku after plugging the Roku device into the HDMI port on the TV.
- Step 2: Press the Home button on the Roku TV remote.
- Step 3: Scroll down to select Streaming Channels.
- Step 4: Scroll down the Channel Store to select Search Channels.
- Step 5: Using the Roku TV remote, type Firefox on the virtual keyboard.
- Step 6: Select the Firefox app from the list of results.
- Step 7: To download the app on Roku, click Add channel.
- Step 8: When the download is complete, click OK.
- Step 9: After that, launch Firefox on your TV by selecting the ‘Go to Channel’ option.
Once Firefox is launched on your Roku Tv, you can use the Firefox browser to browse the internet on your TV. The above process requires your Roku to be connected to WiFi. If you are unable to connect your Roku to Wifi you may refer to one of my past articles.
How To Mirror Firefox On Roku?
You may mirror the Firefox from your phone, tablet, or laptop on Roku TV if your phone and Roku are both connected to the same network. Firefox is compatible with Android and iOS devices in addition to Windows, Mac, and Linux computers.
Follow a reputable Mozilla or Firefox URL to download the browser on any of the said devices and use the screen mirroring feature. This will display your full screen on your TV, allowing you to browse the web on your device and view it on the big screen.
Requirements To Cast Firefox On Roku
Before you can view your favorite series and movies on your RokuTV using the Firefox browser, there are a few casting requirements you need to be aware of.
1. Firefox must be updated to the most recent version on your smartphone or tablet. You may update the browser on Playstore and Appstore for Android phones and iPhones, respectively.
2. For Miracast or AirPlay to function, ensure that your phone and Roku TV are connected to the same wifi network
Firefox On Roku Using Android
The wireless streaming technology called Miracast enables you to mirror the screen of your Android phone onto your TV. The Miracast capability is supported by Roku devices running OS 7.7 or later.
Follow the instructions below carefully to find out how to mirror the Firefox browser from your Android device to your Roku box.
- Step 1: Go to the Settings icon on your smartphone or tablet.
- Step 2: Go to the ‘Mirroring’ or ‘Cast’ option in the settings menu.
- Step 3: Wait till your phone searches for an available device near it. Select your Roku device from the search result.
- Step 4: Allow access if a request for an allowance appears on your TV screen.
- Step 5: Once your phone screencasts on the Roku TV, launch the Firefox browser to browse or watch your desired content.
Firefox On Roku TV Using iPhone
In order for you to use this function, your Roku must be running OS 9.4 or later. You may update it by accessing the System Update in Roku Settings. Roku’s OS 9.4 version update added support for AirPlay 2, enabling iOS users to cast their screens on Roku. For a long time, iOS users were unable to accomplish the same. But with the recent update on Roku, they are now able to take advantage of this function.
The steps will help you learn how to set up firefox on Roku TV with iPhone through screen mirroring.
- Step 1: Install the latest version of Firefox on your iPhone from the App Store.
- Step 2: Access the control center by swiping down your phone’s top right corner. If you have an iPhone SE, 8, 7, 6, or an earlier model from Apple, you need to swipe down the bottom edge of your phone.
- Step 3: Click on the Screen Mirroring option available in the control center.
- Step 4: Wait till your phone searches for an available device near it. Select your Roku device from the search result.
- Step 5: Once you select your Roku TV, you will be prompted to enter your AirPlay password. Enter the password and click OK. Your iPhone screen will now be visible on your Roku TV.
- Step 6: Launch the Firefox app on your iPhone to browse or watch your desired content.
Q1. Does Firefox have casting support?
Answer – Yes, the Firefox browser has casting support which means you may cast the browser from your device to other devices using Miracast or Airplay2.
Q2. Can I cast Firefox from Windows or Mac on my Roku?
Answer – It is possible to cast Firefox from your Windows or Mac using the screen mirroring feature on your device.
Firefox is a robust and adaptable internet browser with features that compete with those of other major browsers. The browser is preferred by many users as it safeguards your personal information by automatically deleting the search history and featuring a private browsing mode.
The article talks about the detailed instructions on how to set up Firefox on Roku TV through the Roku Channel Store and Screen Casting. If you, like me, prefer the Firefox browser and are looking for a way to set it up on your Roku TV, then the article must have helped you learn how to use Firefox on Roku.
If you have more questions about your Roku TV, write to me in the comment section, and I shall be happy to help.
As an engineering graduate (and a full-time layabout), I am always looking for smart technological innovations to make my life simpler and more automated so that I can be even lazier than usual.