- You can fix the issue of Disney Plus not working on Roku by clearing the cache on Roku, restarting the wifi router to sort any connectivity problems, updating the Disney+ app and Roku firmware or power cycling the Roku Device.
- If Disney Plus still doesn’t load on Roku, uninstall and reinstall the app. As a last resort, factory reset your Roku TV to fix the problem.
When Disney Plus was announced, everyone was eager to get their hands on the new streaming service. In fact, it is an excellent video streaming service for both children and adults as it includes a lot of amazing titles like Disney, Marvel, Star Wars, and some National Geographic channels, and that too at an affordable cost.
If you do not have a Smart TV, by attaching a Roku device to your regular television, you can turn your TV into a Smart TV and view the wide variety of content available on Disney Plus.
Though the app is quite seamless in its performance, the never-ending headache begins when you want to watch your favorite Star Wars, Disney, or Marvel shows, but the Roku screen reads, ‘Something went wrong. Please try again.’ The issue may sound frustrating, but trust me, it takes only a little effort to make everything right.
If you are experiencing the issue of Disney Plus not working on your Roku Device, this article will help you find out how you can fix the issue by following simple troubleshooting steps.
Why Is Disney Plus Not Working On Roku?
Despite being a seamless streaming application, users occasionally face problems with the Disney Plus app and wind up looking for solutions to fix Disney+ not working on Roku. The cause of the problem may vary, but the majority of them are related to the streaming service, the internet connection, or the Disney Plus app.
This section of the article will list the most common reasons for the Disney Plus app not working on your Roku device.
- The Disney Plus servers are down in your area.
- You are playing a 4k video but using a Roku device with no 4K support. Roku 4, Roku Premiere, Roku Premiere+, and Roku Ultra are some of the Roku devices that support 4K streaming.
- Your internet connection is poor, or the WiFi router is outdated.
- The Disney Plus application is not installed correctly on your Roku TV.
- Disney Plus cache on Roku TV has become large, causing the system to slow down.
- The Disney Plus application is not running on the latest software.
- The Firmware of your Roku Device is not updated.
- Your Roku device is too old and not compatible with streaming Disney Plus.
How to Fix Disney Plus Not Working On Roku?
Facing issues like Disney Plus not working on Roku is normal and can happen with anyone. The problem does not require any professional intervention if you have a guide to fix it. If the issues with Disney Plus on Roku are making you go bonkers, I advise trying the fixes given below.
1. Check Your Internet Connection
There are times when the issue of Disney Plus not loading on Roku is due to a reason as simple as poor internet connection. Hence, whenever I hear somebody tell me about their trouble with the Disney Plus app on Roku TV, the first thing I recommend to them is to check the internet connection speed. We must rule out the possibility of a poor internet connection before trying other fixes.
Here’s the easiest way to check the speed of your internet connection.
- Step 1: Go to the internet browser on your Roku TV.
- Step 2: Type www.fast.com in the address bar.
- Step 3: The server will take a few seconds and display the WiFi speed on your screen as below:
If you notice that the internet connection is not robust, restarting your router may help you solve this problem.
- Step 1: Unplug or switch off the router.
- Step 2: Wait for 30 seconds to 1 minute.
- Step 3: Replug or switch on the router.
- Step 4: Check if your WiFi connection is any better.
If the issues persist, look into whether there are too many devices sharing your WiFi network. If so, try removing some of these devices from your WiFi network and shutting down any unnecessary background programs.
Finally, if none of the network-related troubleshoots given above worked for you, you can try using a wired connection, which will get around the problem of congested bandwidth. If your Roku device won’t connect to the internet, read one of my past articles to fix the issue.
2. See Weather The Disney Plus Server Is Down In Your Area
Before doing any other troubleshooting steps, I would recommend that you first check that the Disney Plus servers are not down in your area.
While this does not occur very frequently, it is a real possibility. Check Disney Plus on other devices, such as your smartphone or laptop, to see whether it is also unavailable there. You may also follow social media websites like Twitter to see whether there is an ongoing server issue with Disney Plus.
In case the servers of Disney Plus are down, all you can do is wait for the servers to come back online.
3. Power Cycle The Roku Device
Power cycling your Roku will force stop any unresponsive applications; hence, it will most likely troubleshoot any issue arising because of the same.
If you are using Roku on Roku OS TV like Hisense, TCL, Onn, etc., follow the steps given below to power cycle your device.
- Step 1: Hold the power button of your Roku TV for about 10 seconds when it is on and let the TV turn off completely.
- Step 2: Wait for about 30 seconds.
- Step 3: Turn the Roku TV on using the power button.
If you are using a Roku stick, the following steps will help you troubleshoot your streaming device.
- Step 1: Remove the Roku Stick from your TV
- Step 2: Wait for about 1 minute.
- Step 3: Turn off your TV and turn it on after 30 seconds.
- Step 4: Reinsert the Roku stick.
- Step 5: Try establishing the WiFi connection again.
4. Clear The Cache On Your Roku TV
A cache is a temporary file storage space in a smart device that enables a device like a smartphone, laptop, or TV or the installed apps to run faster and more efficiently. The presence of too much cache on a device is, of course, one of the most frequent reasons why it starts performing strangely and can be a possible reason for Roku sound not syncing.
However, any temporary data that is occupying storage space on the device and causing problems can be removed by clearing the cache. Additionally, in order to avoid problems like these, it’s crucial to regularly clean your system cache.
If Disney Plus keeps crashing on Roku and you are looking for how to fix the issue, follow the given steps to clear the cache on your Roku device.
- Step 1: Open the Menu and select Home
- Step 2: Press the Home button five times
- Step 3: Press Up
- Step 4: Press Rewind twice
- Step 5: Press Fast Forward twice and wait for 30 seconds
5. Log In To Your Disney Plus Account Again
If you can’t connect to Disney on Roku TV and the Disney Plus account glitch is to blame for the issue, try logging out and back into your Disney Plus account to fix the issue. When logging in, ensure you are entering the correct credentials. Also, note that the passwords on Disney plus are case-sensitive.
Here are the steps to do the same.
- Step 1: Go to the Disney Plus app settings.
- Step 2: Go to the Account option
- Step 3: Logout from the app account
- Step 4: Enter the login credentials again to log in to the account.
Once logged in, check to see if Disney Plus content is now playing on your Roku TV.
6. Look For Any Pending Disney Plus Update
If your Roku TV is due for a firmware upgrade, but your streaming device is still running an older version of the Disney Plus software, issues such as Disney Plus not loading on Roku are normal.
To troubleshoot the issue, ensure that your Disney Plus app is updated to the latest version.
Here’s how you can do so.
- Step 1: Use your Roku remote control to navigate to the Home screen.
- Step 2: Select the Settings option.
- Step 3: Navigate to System and select System update.
- Step 4: Click on Check For Updates to manually check for pending Disney Plus app upgrades.
- Step 5: If there is a pending update available, click on Update Now.
7. Uninstall And Reinstall The Disney Plus App
If the Disney Plus still doesn’t work on your Roku TV, try uninstalling the app from your system and re-install it. This step will start the app afresh on your Roku device, ruling out the possibility of app-related glitches.
Follow the steps given below to carry out the process.
- Step 1: Go to the Roku TV Home screen.
- Step 2: Select the Settings option.
- Step 3: Select Manage Installed Applications and uninstall the Disney Plus app.
- Step 4: Restart your device.
- Step 5: Go to the Settings option again.
- Step 6: Go to Applications and select Appstore.
- Step 7: Search for the Disney+ app and press the install button.
Once the Disney Plus app has been reinstalled, Disney Plus will ask for your login details again. Once the login is complete, try playing videos on the app and see if the issue is resolved.
8. Look For Any Pending Roku Update
Outdated software on Roku is another frequent cause of crashing apps on the streaming device. As a result, upgrading your Roku software may be able to resolve the issue.
Follow the steps given below to update your Roku to the latest version.
- Step 1: Use your Roku remote and click on the home button.
- Step 2: Go to the Roku Settings
- Step 3: Select System in the lits
- Step 4: Navigate to the System update.
- Step 5: Check for any pending updates by clicking on Check Now.
- Step 6: If there is an available Roku software update, click on Download.
- Step 7: Click on Install to install the downloaded software
- Step 8: Reboot your device
Once the software has been updated, try playing a video to check if the synchronization issue has been resolved.
9. Reset Your Roku Device
While in the majority of cases, the aforementioned fixes ought to be able to fix the issue of Disney Plus not working on Roku. However, if you still have no luck, you may have to factory reset your Roku.
You will have to re-configure the Roku TV after this step because it will completely erase all of the data on your Roku device.
Follow the instructions below to reset your Roku to factory settings.
- Step 1: Press the Home button located on your Roku TV remote.
- Step 2: Scroll down the list and select the Settings option.
- Step 3: Select the System option.
- Step 4: Choose the Advanced System Settings option from the options.
- Step 5: Select the Factory Reset option and click on OK to confirm.
Once your Roku TV or device has been reset to factory settings, set it up again and try playing the video to see if the issue has been resolved.
Q1. I am unable to sign in to my Disney plus account on Roku. How can I resolve Disney plus Roku login issues?
Answer – First of all, ensure that you are entering the correct login credentials to access your Disney Plus account. The username and password are case-sensitive on Disney Plus. If the login fails upon entering the correct details, clear the caches of your Disney Plus app on Roku and ensure that the app is running on the latest firmware.
Q2. When I play any content on the Disney Plus app on my Roku, I face the issue of Disney plus freezing on Roku. What is the possible cause?
Answer – Your Roku TV may have corrupt Disney Plus cache data, causing the system to freeze and not load. As a solution, clear the Disney Plus cache data. Clearing the cache improves app efficiency and increases loading speed when streaming videos.
Q3. The audio on the Disney Plus app on my Roku is out of sync. How can I fix the issue?
Answer – You can fix Roku audio out of sync by fixing a bad internet connection, replacing a faulty HDMI cable, and ensuring that the volume mode and audio leveling are off. If the Roku audio delay persists, power cycle the Roku device. As a last resort, do a factory reset to fix the problem. You may read more about the Roku audio sync issue in one of my recent articles.
Q4. Will I have to make in-app purchases again after factory resetting my Roku?
Answer – Factory resetting Roku will remove all the data and make your Roku TV like when you bought it. However, the data within your system is not affected as they are linked to your email. Hence, you will not have to make the in-app purchases again, as the shame shall be restored after logging in.
Q5. Is the Disney Plus app available free of cost for Roku users?
Answer – Disney Plus has been available on a variety of Roku devices since its launch in November 2019. The app is free to download, but it requires a Disney+ subscription to use. The user may choose to opt for a monthly or yearly subscription.
The Disney Plus app is a fantastic service for watching various Disney and partner brand entertainment. Gladly Roku supports it, and the Disney+ application is available on Roku TV and streaming devices. Despite having a faultless UI and UX, Disney Plus may not load on Roku on occasion urging the users to look for troubleshoots to fix the issue.
The article discusses potentially viable solutions to Disney Plus not working on the Roku issue. Hopefully, you were able to solve the issue for yourself with the assistance of the article.
If you have any further questions about the know-how of smart entertainment, please leave them in the comments below, and I will gladly assist you.
As an engineering graduate (and a full-time layabout), I am always looking for smart technological innovations to make my life simpler and more automated so that I can be even lazier than usual.